Wesley Riddle, Sewickley Academy 2024
-What did I do?
During my research, I went out into the open world, and conducted thought based researched that allowed me to come to my answer. This research mainly consisted of going around, and figuring out how people were finding information about upcoming events, like community service, car shows, and more. Through this I was able to get an understanding of peoples needs, which became clear to me , : a simple and easy way to find all of the information about the events/ and details such as directions. This inspired me to start looking more into creating an app that helped to organize, and coordinate events in our communities for all to attend. And while this was a fine idea to start, after talking to Lena Rampfelt ( Entrepreneur coach, and trainer) my opinions were changed. I had now learned that to provide my services I could use social medias, and resources that were already readily available e and free to me. From here I conducted a google form survey on some of my class mates, asking them what type of things they would be looking for as teenagers.
– Why is this topic important ?
This topic was important to not only me, but communities because their are constantly people looking for things to do, or people to help(in the case of volunteering). The only issue is that people don’t know where to turn to to look for these type of events, and they often times miss or don’t find out about them.
- Below is a is a screen shot of what my survey looked like and here are the list of questions:
- How many times have you seen an event advertised?
- Where have you seen these advertisements ?
- What type of events are you interested in going to?
- What do you think others would be interested in?
- Have you wanted to go to something after it has already happened?
-The final step, creating Media Pages:
Image Box Title
Change this description
- So far I have used Instagram Stories, and the Face book group to portray my information. I plan on using other forms of social media to reach an even farther community of people.
- Final note:
Below on some questions I would like YOU the reader to consider after going in depth through my project.
- Can you see this idea benefitting your community/communities?
- What are your recommendations to me, what should I change? keep?
- How would you try and advertise events ?
- What are your thoughts about/on my project?