“You may think your light is small, but it can make a big difference in other peoples lives. Let you light shine”
What is Depression?
Depression is classified as a mood disorder. It may be described as feelings of sadness, loss, or anger that interferes with a person’s everyday activities.
Types of Depression:
Treatments for Depression:
- Light Therapy
- Alternative therapies(acupuncture, herbal supplements and fish oil)
- Avoid Alcohol and Drugs
- Learn How to Say No
- Take Care Of Yourself
Ways you can put a smile on older adults faces:
What ways do you think will make an impact on older adults lives and what will you do today that will put a smile on someone’s face?
Here are some ideas:
- Cooking and sharing a meal
- Playing games(card and board games)
- Go on a walk outside
- Sit down with them and share stories
- Teach them a new skill or have them teach you something
- Teach older adults how to use online social platforms so they can stay connected to friends and family
- Visit and spend time with them as much as you can
- Become pen pals with an older adult in your community
Here is a quiz to test your knowledge on Depression?